How do I take care of my sandals?
Follow these instructions to take care of your Bedrocks and maximize their life-span:
- For footbed's sake, do not leave your sandals in extreme heat (e.g. hot car) and intense direct sun exposure for durations ( e.g. sunny porch). Our ultralight Go Far Vibram® footbeds can warp if left exposed in these environments.
- To clean your Bedrocks, handwash with a brush, water, and your favorite eco-friendly soap! Let them dry in a shaded environment or briefly in the sun. Do not machine wash.
- To keep your Velcro® heel-strap long lasting, use side buckle adjustment for every-day in and out, and occasionally remove grit and debris from heel-strap by scrubbing with a wire brush.
How do I take care of my Mountain Clogs?
- To keep your oiled leather clogs clean we recommend using a brush for general care. A suede brush or toothbrush works great. To clean/care for the outsole you can use a stiff bristled brush and a natural soap.
- For liquid stains you can use raw rubber or an eraser to buff the stain out. You can also dilute distilled white vinegar and spot treat as needed with a soft cloth or brush. Let them dry completely at room temperature and repeat spot treatment as needed.
- To increase the longevity of your leather clogs you can store them in a breathable fabric bag during seasons they are not in use.
- Leather can be oiled every 6 months to prolong life. Perhaps more often with heavy use.
- To keep your synthetic clogs clean we recommend using a soft bristled brush or suede brush on the dry uppers to brush out dirt and debris. We recommend brushing softly to avoid pilling on the upper. To clean/care for the outsole you can use a stiff bristled brush and a natural soap.
- For liquid stains we recommend using diluted distilled white vinegar and a soft cloth to spot treat. Allow the cleaned area to dry completely at room temperature and repeat as needed.
- You can wash your synthetic clogs on delicate cycle in the washing machine with your favorite natural detergent and allow them to dry at room temperature. Additional cleaning of outsoles with a stiff brush and natural soap works best.
How long will my Cairn Sandals last (durability)?
Our Cairn Vibram® Soles typically last between 700 and sometimes over 1,000 miles. Typically our strap system will last beyond the lifespan of the sole. We gladly resole Bedrock Cairn sandals through our Re-Soul Program.
If any component on your Bedrocks fails while there's still life left in the Vibram® Soles, we offer either free or reasonably priced repairs through our Re-soul program.